Anime mp3's
Anime Ratings
Anime Wallpaper

Anime Links
Free Email
Check My Email

Link to this site

August 01, 2014, 10:30:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Just upgraded to the newest SMF. If you have any problems send me a PM - Ice.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd like your opinion on these things...  (Read 899 times)
« on: October 30, 2001, 08:14:18 PM »

What doth you think 'bout these "Terror Alert" things they issue?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2001, 09:53:26 PM »

I think they serve no other purpose than to scare people. What good are they if we don't know any specifics? How could we possibly heed the warning? If something is going to happen it's just going to happen. You'll either be in the wrong place at the wrong time or not. Knowing ahead of time doesn't help when you have no idea about the area or nature of the attack. It won't save any lives. So in the end it just scares the crap out of people.

I think the government issues the warnings every couple of weeks so that if an attack really does happen it will look like they knew about it. A really scary part of the attacks of September 11th is that our government had no idea. They caught us with our pants down. The government doesn't want that same thing to happen again.

The fact is more attacks are likely. Nobody can predict where, when, and how. I think the American people know this already. But these vague warnings are not helping at all. I have to seriously question the people in charge when they say things like "We don't want the American people to panic. We want them to continue their regular lives", but then turn around and say things like "Oh yeah and umm...there's probably gonna be an attack or something this week...maybe..."
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2001, 10:02:28 PM »

what terror Alert things?  Like for possible attacks on halloween or something?  I havent been watching the news lately, so I kinda rely on this place for my sources.
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2001, 10:26:02 PM »

Like this:

Ashcroft warned Monday that there is a "credible" threat of new terrorist action in the United States in the coming days, and he told law enforcement agencies and the public to be on "highest alert."

The attorney general said intelligence sources had found nonspecific but "credible" information the nation could be the focus again for some sort of terrorist attack.

That's like the third one since September 11th. Neither of the other two resulted in any attacks.
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2001, 06:11:36 PM »

So they might be bluffing again?
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2001, 06:30:54 PM »

I guess we'll find out in the next two days. They issued that warning Monday saying they suspected an attack this week.  I'm not saying it's not going to happen (although I do question it). I'm just saying the government shouldn't say stuff like this without some more facts.
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2001, 11:16:35 PM »

Yeah, I just finished trick or treating.......and while I was doing it, a plane was flying VERY low just above us....and it was VERY VERY low, like I could see the windows and stuff.  And it just headed towards like LA or something.
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2001, 08:44:18 PM »

It's just Murphy's Law.

You know if you believe something is going to happen then it won't. But if think it won't then it will.
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2001, 08:58:28 PM »

Remember how there was a threat about bridges or something?  Well, they closed a major bridge by my house because someone called in about a bomb threat.........A tarp had fallen on the bridge and someone thought it was a bomb..........Some people are morons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: